Monday, February 9, 2009

Long Time

Hey everyone, It's been a while since I've written so I'll get you up to date. I am now in a city just south of Paris called Evry. The ward here is about 150 people and that's awesome. There's some really cool people here to work with. I've been here for a little while but not to long. The work here is going very well. We just had a baptism of a young girl named Rebecca. We have a couple other people with Baptismal dates so hopefully all of those will go through. We are teaching this 25 year old man named Reginald. He has been coming to church for the last couple months and we know that he has a testimony but he doesn't want to admit it. He is right on the point of getting baptized but we just got to be patient with him and let him decide on what he wants to do. We are also working with the son of a recent convert who is about 18 years old. He has come to church a couple times and we are trying to help him understand the principle on how faith leads to action. We see him once a week but it doesn't seem like he has been doing much. I looks like we got the work cut out for us. Also, the 20th of February, Elder Dallin H. Oaks will come to our mission to speak with us about the work. I'm very excited for this opprotunity to listen to him and see him in person. Anyways, all is going well as of right now. It has snowed a couple times in the last month but hopefully it'll get warmer in the next couple weeks. Hopefully I stay here for a long time because I really like this area. Talk to you all later.
-Elder Jex

No comments: