Monday, February 16, 2009

A new son!!

Well, her's the good news. I'm gonna have a boy!! In missionary terms that means I am going to train a new missionary straight from the MTC. I'm very very excited but a little scared at the same time. I feel like I almost need to be perfect for my son so he can learn the most from me. Things are going well nonetheless. We have 3 baptismal dates in our ward right now and it is going great. I went on exchanges with another elder in Evry and we set a baptismal date for him and he accepted. Things are just getting better and better here in Evry. The president said a couple months ago that they were reducing the amount of missionaries coming to our mission for the next couple years. So far, you can't even tell. We have more baptismal dates, the mission is working hard and things are going well. I really don't think it's the amount of missionaries that makes the difference. It's the hard working missionaries that make the difference. Anyways, this friday, Elder Dallin H. Oaks will come speak to us (the missionaries) in Versailles!! It will be awesome. I've heard that other apostles are going around europe right now as a matter of fact. I have a friend in Germany that said that Elder Bednar would be speaking to their mission around the same time as Elder Oaks. Well, whatever. It'll be cool. I just can't believe I will have a son in the mission. Anyways, have a great day and week and I will talk to you all later.
-Elder Jex

No comments: