Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1st Transfer practically done in Antony

Well, I haven't really written lately but honestly not to much has happened in the mission. This last couple weeks, I have had both zone conference and interviews. At zone conference, we were able to talk about strategies that help us understand what people need. We learned the mirroring method, which is basically repeating what the person just told you so that you fully understood and also by asking questions so that the investigator will be able to answer their own questions. I haven't seen to many people these last weeks. We met one man that is actually Muslim. he works at La Défence and he's pretty young. We met with him a little bit and he is interested in listening to our message so thats great!! This last couple weeks, I just realized that I have finished 1/3 of my mission already. It doesn't even feel like I've been out that long but anyways. We also received a new elder in our apartment, he isn't my comp. but he's really cool. His name is Elder Schroeder. He's actually from Germany and he's awesome. I had the proviledge to be in the same room as him in the MTC and to be in the same district. It was kind of a reunion when he came because we haven't really seen eachother for a while since the MTC but anyways. All is going well, not much more to tell. The work is going slowly here in Antony but it's going. Paris is great. It's pretty cool seeing the Eiffel tower almost everyday. See y'all next week.
-Elder Jex

No comments: